We have a new No. 1. Bastille takes the top spot from CHVRCHES with the dreamy banger “Distorted Light Beam.” Glass Animals has moved into the No. 2 spot and may never leave with “Space Ghost Coast to Coast,” while Holly Humberstone reaches No. 3 with “The Walls Are WAy to Thin.”
New this week are songs from Justus Bennetts, Foo Fighters, and Arrested Youth. Falling off are Genesis Owusu, Imagine Dragons, Japanese Breakfast, Saint Motel and WILLOW with Travis Barker.
For anyone following the blog, I fell behind this week and got this up just before the new countdown comes out. Apologies! Summers get busy.
Alt18 Countdown, 8/14/21
18. Justus Bennetts, Real Life Sux (new)
17. The Band CAMINO, 1 Last Cigarette
16. Cannons, Bad Dream
15. Sir Sly, Welcomes the Pressure | (-9)
14. Måneskin, I WANNA BE YOUR SLAVE
13. Lorde, Solar Power | (-8)
12. Foo Fighters, Making a Fire
11. Arrested Youth, Find My Own Way
10. Bleachers, Stop Making This Hurt
9. Cold War Kids, What You Say
8. Atlas Genius, Elegant Stranger
7. Milky Chance, Colorado
6. CHVRCHES, He Said, She Said
5. Twenty One Pilots, Saturday
4. Modest Mouse, We Are Between
3. Holly Humberstone, The Walls Are Way Too Thin
2. Glass Animals, Space Ghost Coast to Coast | (same)
1. Bastille, Distorted Light Beam
You can find many of these songs, and other alt-pop hits and classics, on my new Spotify playlist, AltCharts.
See last week’s countdown here.
I love hearing from you all. Drop a comment or email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Along with this blog, here’s a few channels I update:
- Finding Alt’s weekly playlist on Spotify
- Follow the updated Pandora playlist.
- Here’s the Alt18 YouTube playlist
- Sign up for the Finding Alt18 newsletter
- Join the Finding Alt18 Discord. We’re just getting started, but I hope it’s a place to talk and share music — and make this site a little better. Open to all. Come share your thoughts on the countdown or anything alt-music related.
- Twitter: @findingalt18
Feedback? Spot a mistake? Get in touch any time at: email@example.com
I love sharing this blog week to week, but there are some expenses running the site. If you’d like to say thanks, and have a buck or two, use the link below to make a contribution. Thanks!